Sometimes doctors, nurses, or other medical providers make preventable mistakes and a patient is injured or dies. A disease was misdiagnosed, lab results were misread, a surgery or other procedure went poorly. The patient was neglected, and complaints were ignored. Healthcare providers must follow fundamental standards of care in alignment with what competent medical professionals would do under similar circumstances. If they don’t, and a patient suffers an injury or dies, then those providers should be held accountable.
Examples of medical malpractice:
- Surgical errors and hospitalization errors
- Emergency department lapses
- Failure to properly monitor or follow up with the patient
- Birth injuries to babies or mothers
- Errors in the administration of anesthesia
- Adverse reactions to drugs or procedures and drug interactions
- Delays in diagnosing an illness
If you have found yourself in this situation, you may be a victim of medical malpractice and should contact our law firm immediately to discuss your legal rights. You may be owed compensation.